Supply Chain Management B.B.A.
Offered as a Bachelor of Business Administration, Supply Chain Management prepares you for a dynamic position in a rapidly changing global economy.
With responsibilities ranging from buying raw materials to distributing finished products, supply chain managers need to control costs and increase quality while making sure what they do is profitable. And they need to be able to work with all kinds of different departments in an organization as well as with different organizations on the outside.
Many organizations are just now learning how critical good supply chain management is and they're scrambling to find trained professionals to oversee what is increasingly becoming an important part of business.
And that's where we come in.
The skill set Northeastern State University provides to prepare you for a successful career in supply chain management includes:
- Cost/price analysis
- National and international aspects of purchasing
- Performance measures
- Supplier evaluation
- Electronic commerce
- Strategic and team planning,
- Inventory control
- Transportation management
If you choose the Bachelor of Business Administration major in Supply Chain Management, you'll get not only training in supply chain management, but a well-rounded business education that includes finance, marketing, accounting, economics, and more. Take the Bachelor of Technology track and you'll learn about supply chain management from an industry perspective.
The beauty of the NSU Supply Chain Management program is that you can draw from our classes in both business administration and in technology. That gives Northeastern State University one of the most unique supply chain programs in the country.
And we work hard to provide you with a customized, workable combination of face-to-face, online, and blended classes to help you get your degree even if you're currently working full time.
A supply chain degree doesn't guarantee a job, but we've got a very high placement rate. And employers say "We love NSU supply chain graduates. Send us more!"
Enroll in Supply Chain Management at NSU and maybe someday we can send them you!
For more information about degree requirements, visit the NSU catalog.
2+2 plans for transfer to BBA Supply Chain Mgmt.
Certification in supply chain management is available through several entities and include:
- Certified Production Inventory Manager (CPIM) and Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) offered through The Associations for Operations Management.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) and Certified Profession in Supply Management (CPSM) offered through the Institute for Supply Management.
General Education - 46 hours
Students seeking Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degrees are encouraged to select these courses while completing General Education requirements.
- ENGL 1113 - English Composition I
- ENGL 1213 - English Composition II
- ECON 2213 - Principles of Microeconomics
- or ECON 2313 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- MATH 1523 - Functions and Change
- Meet computer proficiency
Business Core - 42 hours
The following core of courses is required of all business students, except as modified for Hospitality and Tourism Management. See major plan of study on the following pages.
At least 21 of the 42 credits in the BBA core must be earned at NSU.
- ACCT 2103 - Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 2203 - Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- BADM 3933 - Business Statistics
- BADM 3963 - Quantitative Methods for Business Decision Making
- BLAW 3003 - Business Law I
- ECON 2213 - Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 2313 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- FIN 3213 - Principles of Finance
- IS 3063 - Principles of Information Systems
- IS 3113 - Business Communications
- MGMT 3183 - Principles of Management
- MGMT 3213 - Principles of Operations Management
- MGMT 4213 - Business Strategy/Policy
- MKT 3213 - Principles of Marketing
Supply Chain Management Core - 15 hours
- SCM 3553 - Purchasing, and Inventory Management
- or MKT 3553 - Purchasing, and Inventory Management
- SCM 3733 - Lean Concepts in Organizations
- or TECH 3733 - Lean Concepts in Organizations
- SCM 4353 - Marketing Logistics
- or MKT 4353 - Marketing Logistics
- SCM 4633 - Supply Chain Strategy
- SCM 3113 - Principles of Transportation
Supply Chain Electives - 15 hours
Select 15 hours from the following:
- ACCT 3203 - Cost Accounting I
- ACCT 3423 - Fundamentals of Enterprise Resource Planning
- or IS 3423 - Fundamentals of Enterprise Resource Planning
- IS 3083 - Spreadsheet Analysis
- IS 4423 - Enterprise Resource Planning Applications/Development
- MGMT 4103 - Business Decision Analysis
- MGMT 4143 - Project Management
- MGMT 4223 - Negotiation and Labor Issues
- MGMT 4323 - Quality Management
- MKT 3663 - Retail Management
- MKT 4343 - International Marketing
- SAFM 3403 - Safety Administration and Programs
- SAFM 3413 - Applied Safety Engineering
- SAFM 3423 - Industrial Hygiene
- SAFM 4453 - Process Safety Management
- SCM 3213 - SAP Enterprise Resource Planning Across the Supply Chain
- SCM 4050 - Supply Chain Management Study Tour
- or MKT 4050 - Marketing Study Tour
- SCM 4443 - Special Topics in Supply Chain Management
- SCM 4513 - Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- or TECH 4513 - Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- SCM 4533 - International Supply Chain Management
- SCM 4723 - Materials Management Handling
- or TECH 4723 - Materials Management Handling
- SCM 4753 - Process of Purchasing
- or TECH 4753 - Process of Purchasing
- SCM 4950 - Internship
- TECH 4013 - Quality Assurance Systems
- TECH 4523 - Contemporary Issues in Manufacturing
- TECH 4563 - Applied Statistical Process Control
- TECH 4583 - Quality for Profits
Major Total - 30 hours
Total Business Core & Major - 72 hours
- Business Analytics Certificate
- Business Basics Certificate
- Digital Marketing Certificate
- Event Management Certificate
- Healthcare Administration Certificate
- Healthcare Information Analytics Certificate
- Human Resources Management Certificate
- International Business Certificate
- Long Term Care Administration Certificate
- Operations and Supply Chain Management Certificate
- Project Management Certificate
- Quality Management Certificate
- Small Business Certificate
- Soft Skills Certificate
Websites for Listing of Supply Chain Jobs
- JobsinLogistics.com- This is the largest North American logistics career board. Job seekers can post resumes free of charge.
- Logistics News - This is the premier site for United Kingdom logistics news, including job postings. The "Links Library" links to logistics companies around the world.
- Dice - Tech Jobs. Tech Talent Use the keyword function to search for terms such as "supply chain", "supply chain manager", "supply chain expert", or "logistics manager".
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professional- Click "Career Center", then select "Resume NetWork." The council makes resumes provided by its members available to companies and executive search firms.
- CareerBuilder.com -This site allows users to search a database of more than 400,000 jobs. You can search by company, job type, industry, keyword, and geographic region