Business Administration B.B.A.
The Business Administration major provides a diversified background in the various disciplines necessary for success in the field of business. Regardless of the future occupation of the student, a background in the basic business areas is an essential ingredient of effective business decision-making. The Business Administration major allows a student to tailor his or her degree to individual career objectives with more flexibility than other majors. With guidance from an academic advisor, students choosing the Business Administration major complete the major requirements by selecting courses from the functional business areas which best meet their academic and career objectives.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the application of management concepts, theories and processes to business situations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the application of quantitative techniques and financial analysis.
- Demonstrate an understanding of market segmentation, targeting, and positioning from the stand point of buyer behavior and/or integrated marketing communications.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the application of international business concepts to situations where managers manage across cultures and national boundaries.
- Demonstrate competence in operations management and strategic analysis and planning.
Health Care Management
Healthcare managers are at the heart of the business side of healthcare. They plan, direct, and coordinate healthcare services and facilities.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for health service managers was $101,340 in 2021 and the job outlook for these roles are strong, with employment projected to grow at the much faster than average rate of 32% through 2030.
Business analytics is the use of data analysis to help you understand what has happened in your business as well as insights to improve your future decision-making.
A degree in business analytics can lead to a variety of careers. For instance, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for market research analysts was $63,920 and $93,000 for management analysts in 2021.
General Education - 46 hours
Students seeking Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degrees are encouraged to select these courses while completing General Education requirements.
- ENGL 1113 - English Composition I
- ENGL 1213 - English Composition II
- ECON 2213 - Principles of Microeconomics
- or ECON 2313 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- MATH 1523 - Functions and Change
- Meet computer proficiency
Business Core - 42 hours
The following core of courses is required of all business students, except as modified for Hospitality and Tourism Management. See major plan of study on the following pages.
At least 21 of the 42 credits in the BBA core must be earned at NSU.
- ACCT 2103 - Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 2203 - Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- BADM 3933 - Business Statistics
- BADM 3963 - Quantitative Methods for Business Decision Making
- BLAW 3003 - Business Law I
- ECON 2213 - Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 2313 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- FIN 3213 - Principles of Finance
- IS 3063 - Principles of Information Systems
- IS 3113 - Business Communications
- MGMT 3183 - Principles of Management
- MGMT 3213 - Principles of Operations Management
- MGMT 4213 - Business Strategy/Policy
- MKT 3213 - Principles of Marketing
Business Administration Core - 12 hours
- BADM 3253 - Management Analysis and Control
- IBUS 4843 - International Business
- MGMT 3053 - Excel for Business
- MGMT 3323 - Creativity, Innovation, & Opportunity
Select one of the following options:
Business Analytics - 12 hours (1109)
General Business - 12 hours (1103)
- MGMT 3253 - Organizational Behavior
- MGMT 3843 - Business Ethics
- 3000/4000 Level Business Electives (6 hours)
Health Care Management - 12 hours (1107)
- HCA 3113 - Aging Processes and Long Term Care
- HCA 3413 - Coding, Billing and Insurance in Health Care
- HCA 4533 - Group Practice Management
- HCA elective ( 3 hrs ) 3000/4000 level
Major Total - 24 hours
Total Business Core & Major - 66 hours
In addition to general education and program requirements stated above, additional hours may be needed to satisfy all minimum degree requirements.
For more information about degree requirements, visit the NSU catalog.
Accelerated B.B.A. Business Administration: Business Analytics to M.B.A. Business Administration: Business Analytics
Note: Please refer to Accelerated Bachelor's to Master's Degree Program for complete information concerning the Accelerated Degree Program. Refer to the current Graduate Catalog for master's degree requirements.
- Students admitted to the Accelerated B.B.A. Business Administration: Business Analytics to M.B.A. Business Administration: Business Analytics degree program will complete up to 12 hours of graduate level credit to apply toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Students may not receive credit toward both the undergraduate and the paired graduate-level course. A student completing an undergraduate course and the paired graduate-level course will only receive credit for one course toward the bachelor's degree.
- A minimum grade of C is required for all 5000 level graduate courses.
- Students who do not follow the approved degree plan may become ineligible to continue in the accelerated degree program.
- Prior to completing the undergraduate degree, if the undergraduate GPA, graduate GPA and/or overall GPA fall below a 3.00, the student becomes ineligible to continue in the ADP.
- Students may withdraw from an approved accelerated degree pathway. Graduate credit hours completed prior to the student withdrawing or becoming ineligible to continue in the ADP apply toward the undergraduate degree only.
ADP Paired Courses
|BADM 4203 - Business Analytics||BADM 5203 Business Analytics Survey|
|IS 4293 - Business Database Management Systems||IS 5313 - Structured Data Design and Querying|
|MGMT 4103 - Business Decision Analysis||MGMT 5103 Business Analytic Techniques|
|MKT 4103 - Marketing Measurement||MKT 5103 - Marketing Analytics|
- Business Analytics Certificate
- Business Basics Certificate
- Digital Marketing Certificate
- Event Management Certificate
- Healthcare Administration Certificate
- Healthcare Information Analytics Certificate
- Human Resources Management Certificate
- International Business Certificate
- Long Term Care Administration Certificate
- Operations and Supply Chain Management Certificate
- Project Management Certificate
- Quality Management Certificate
- Small Business Certificate
- Soft Skills Certificate
Degree Available At:
- Broken Arrow
Transferring to NSU?
Make your transition to NSU as smooth and seamless as possible.
Visit Transfer Student Services for more information.