International Business Management B.B.A.
The International Business Management degree will prepare students for careers in a variety of diverse workplace environments. Students with this degree will have the skills necessary to manage the growing diversity in the workforce and meet the cross-cultural challenges facing today's businesses. With a focus in management, the degree gives the students an important overview of the practical skills needed to maneuver in a global business environment. An experiential project is a key immersive learning component of the degree.
The International Business Management major provides students with a solid understanding of basic business principles and then extends that understanding into the international dimensions of business.
Managers of international businesses are responsible for managing business operations across international borders. This adds a level of complexity as they must manage cross border transactions, exchange rates, global market dynamics, and differing cultures.
A degree in international business can lead to a variety of careers. For instance, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for sales managers was $127,490, market research analysts was $63,920, and management analysts was $93,000 in 2021.
Bachelor of Business Administration programs offered through the College of Business and Technology are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, KS 66213, 913-339-9356). http://www.acbsp.org
Student Learning Outcomes
- Prepare for careers in a variety of diverse, international workplace environments.
- Develop skills necessary to manage diversity and cross-cultural challenges to successfully operate in a global business environment.
- Participate in an experiential internationalization project for an international company.
General Education - 46 hours
Students seeking Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degrees are encouraged to select these courses while completing General Education requirements.
- ENGL 1113 - English Composition I
- ENGL 1213 - English Composition II
- ECON 2213 - Principles of Microeconomics
- or ECON 2313 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- MATH 1523 - Functions and Change
- Meet computer proficiency
Business Core - 42 hours
The following core of courses is required of all business students, except as modified for Hospitality and Tourism Management. See major plan of study on the following pages.
At least 21 of the 42 credits in the BBA core must be earned at NSU.
- ACCT 2103 - Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 2203 - Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- BADM 3933 - Business Statistics
- BADM 3963 - Quantitative Methods for Business Decision Making
- BLAW 3003 - Business Law I
- ECON 2213 - Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 2313 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- FIN 3213 - Principles of Finance
- IS 3063 - Principles of Information Systems
- IS 3113 - Business Communications
- MGMT 3183 - Principles of Management
- MGMT 3213 - Principles of Operations Management
- MGMT 4213 - Business Strategy/Policy
- MKT 3213 - Principles of Marketing
International Business Core - 24 hours
- IBUS 3313 - Managing Across Borders
- IBUS 4843 - International Business
- IBUS/MGMT electives 3000/4000 (3 hrs)
Choose 3 hours of Experiential Learning from the following:
- IBUS 4913 - Independent Study
- IBUS 4930 - Certification Preparation
- IBUS 4953 - Internship
- IBUS 4983 - Study Abroad
Choose 12 hours from the following:
- IBUS 3023 - Diversity in a Global Marketplace
- IBUS 3273 - Global Business Design
- IBUS 4023 - International Finance
- IBUS 4343 - International Marketing
- SCM 4533 - International Supply Chain Management
Major Total - 24 hours
Total Business Core & Major - 66 hours
In addition to general education and program requirements stated above, additional hours may be needed to satisfy all minimum degree requirements.
For more information about degree requirements, visit the NSU catalog.
- Business Analytics Certificate
- Business Basics Certificate
- Digital Marketing Certificate
- Event Management Certificate
- Healthcare Administration Certificate
- Healthcare Information Analytics Certificate
- Human Resources Management Certificate
- International Business Certificate
- Long Term Care Administration Certificate
- Operations and Supply Chain Management Certificate
- Project Management Certificate
- Quality Management Certificate
- Small Business Certificate
- Soft Skills Certificate